Monday, September 21, 2009

A Good Day

I was completely engrossed in my job today. In fact, I was so engrossed, I forgot about all my problems, which is a rare thing these days.

We're moving offices and I'm left with the task of making sure the servers get moved, migrated, backed up, set correctly, etc. Thankfully there are a lot of other workers helping make this happen, but I think I'm the one given the task to worry about it.

We're down to two servers in the server closet (there were, I think, nine to begin with?). One is having all it's content moved somewhere else and will be taken off line when that is done. The last one is our phone server and it's just going to be turned off at the end of the day on Friday and, more than likely, sold. Poor thing. There's just nothing worse than an unwanted server.

Through all the moving stuff around in the server closet, we disrupted the 'chi' of our wireless router and it hasn't been the same since Friday. However, it took me several hours of fighting with my internet connection to actually want to do something about it. After discovering the problem, I removed it, and it was chunked.

The remainder of the day went considerably smoother, even *after* I got home. I was also in a better mood.

I'll have to see if I can't do that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment