Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Cleaned the Garage

It was a rather cathartic experience, I must say. I went through everything. Everything got organized. If we used it, it found a place on a shelf. If it was military stuff belonging to my CSO, I put it all in a neat stack next to the garbage so he can go through it and sort it out himself.

Useful items we no longer use, I've put for sale on CraigsList. What doesn't sell in a week or two, I'll probably donate to Goodwill or someplace. But they are getting out my garage one way or another.

I've decided I think I'm going to do that with the rest of the house as well. We've just accumulated so much junk over the years and CSO just has a real problem parting with some of it. Don't get me wrong, I have a bunch of junk I need to get rid of as well. I'm just tired of the clutter -- it's almost like a spiritual cleaning.

Yom Kippur is tomorrow and I kinda feel like it's a way of cleaning out the old to make room for the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment