Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Schadenfreude

Just what is it? Well, the official definition is "A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others."

I just discovered that the mother of what used to be one of my son's best friends has reported my son to the police as having threatened to go to school and cause harm and destruction, which my son vehemently denies. Then, when one of my son's current best friends told that former best friend that he'd ruined my son's life, the former best friend's mother called the police on that boy saying he threatened her son. 

She was also best friends of the woman who was attacked in our neighborhood who claims that my son is the one that attacked her. Of course, she cannot positively identify her attacker. So I'm left wondering why these two women feel that my son and his family need to suffer so.

No comments:

Post a Comment