Monday, September 14, 2009

Visited With Family

My parents came and spent the weekend. It was really nice to be with them. I always have a sense of calm when I'm around them, no matter what is going on. When my dad was in the hospital after colon surgery last month, being with Mom was nice. But when I had to go home, I was a basket case.

It's the same since this legal issue with my son came up: during the court mandated search of my house I went to pieces. But when I went to see my parents, I knew everything was going to be ok. Then my son was arrested and I thought my world had come to an end. I visited him in the juvenile detention center 30 minutes every day and talked to him 10 minutes on the phone every night (that's all the visitation we were allowed). I couldn't sleep and getting myself distracted was nearly impossible and was the only time I could stop crying.

We had his detention hearing last Tuesday, but it had to be put off because the judge said he'd let him out and then he reneged at the last minute. So on Thursday we had another hearing and he let him out to be under house arrest. That is much better, but he still has to go to school at the juvenile detention center.

Unfortunately, they do not have much of an education system, which has me very concerned. My son said that many of the students in there don't even know how to read: he came from AP and Pre-AP classes into this environment.

However after my parents' visit, it doesn't seem quite so bleak; I'm not really sure why.

CSO is still gone and we haven't heard from him. It's been much calmer with him gone as well. And my house is staying clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment