Monday, November 23, 2009

The Plea

Since my last posting, we've been to court regarding my son's case no less than 6 times with countless meeting with our lawyer. In the end, our lawyer advised us to take a plea for his case.

The plea came back as Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, 2 years probation with electronic monitoring, a vicinity clause to keep him away from her house or person (not that he'd want to get anywhere near that bitch to begin with), and reimbursement of her medical costs.

My son stood up in front of a district judge, took an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help him God, and then proceeded to lie about his guilt. When the judge asked if my son had been threatened to take the plea, I almost said yes. The County Attorney's office wanted to throw the book at him -- I really don't know why, if nothing more than to intimidate him into taking the plea and keep their conviction statistics up.

I am disappointed in our judicial system. What's bad, is that it is still the best on the planet. But in this case, it's my son's life they are messing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment