Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The End of All Things...

This week has been a week of endings.

Monday, my son's court hearing to sentence him for his plea agreement took place. It was indeed a grueling experience. Every time we have been to court, I have been reminded of just how borked our justice system really is. I am also then reminded by my insignificant other that it's still the best system in the world.

His probation is going to last until his 18th birthday, which is less than 2 years away. But we no longer have to deal with the courts and lawyers, both of which I despise. The system does not take into consideration what is right or wrong -- it's only what is right and what is legal. If it's a choice between the two, they default to what is legal, even it if it's wrong. I've been completely flabbergasted by how these employees see things. It's been a very eye opening experience, and not one I care to repeat any time soon.

The CSO is also finally moving out this week. I'm going to spend four days with my parents out of town and he will be moving his things out of the house and to his new living space. He's also going to be taking the above-referenced son. I will be left with my 17 yo daughter and 14 yo son and a reduced child support payment with which to support them (I also have to pay child support to him for the son he's taking too).

It will be a relief to have him out of the house. He always created such mayhem when he was here. I think it was his way of making himself the center of attention. But when he leaves, where will the attention come from to feed his ego then? Do I really care? No. :D

Next week I will have time off to start getting the house in order. I need to start thinking about putting the house on the market because I really cannot afford to keep making the payments. But even that is going to cost me money that I don't really have right now. And the CSO is less than helpful on that front. I see mail from his bank come in telling him that his bank account didn't have enough money to pay a particular charge, so it was pulled from his savings. Gee, what a concept. He doesn't have enough money to give us to live, but he has enough to put into savings.

Right now, I'm praying Karma will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment