Monday, January 30, 2012

Dad

My dad was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.

I don't know if this type of diagnosis can ever come at a good time, but it definitely came at a bad time for my family. My parents have just sold their house and are currently in the process of packing up to move in with my sister.

He'll be going in for a second opinion next week -- my sister and her husband are picking Dad up and taking him back to their house to go to a doctor there. He'll be staying there at that time. Mom and I are going to pack up their house in the meantime. While it's great I'll be spending time with my mom, it's going to be a heart breaking exercise because the trek through time is going to mean we are closer to needing to moving on without Dad.

Mom has been a trooper through this whole thing. Dad seems ok with it too. Mom turns 79 in March, and Dad turns 80 in April. They've laughed the whole thing off with "well, we're nearly 10 years past our expiration date!"

I'm glad they are in good spirits, but the thought of losing my parents has been a gut wrenching one.

No comments:

Post a Comment