Thursday, February 16, 2012

I have no life....

Ok, so here I sit.

Been chasing down bad guys on my server for days. Finally find where they are putting stuff. Had the devs look at the code to see what it was doing, they really couldn't tell me, but they said it was probably bad. They also said it was .cgi, which no one uses any more. So we just turned off .cgi services on the servers which essentially cut them off...for now. So I'm no longer in panic mode.

But we had our internal DNS on those servers and last week when those bast***s brought my servers down, they also brought down our DNS. Sigh. So now that I can take a deep breath, I'm sitting here, at 8pm on a Thursday night setting up a new server so we can move DNS.

Sad thing is, I don't have any where else to be or anything else to do really except set up a server from my parents' house (remember, Dad's dying of liver cancers -- yeah, we got an updated diagnosis on that too since I last wrote).

I think I'll take a break and go watch Person of Interest while I wait for the Cloud to set up my server.

No comments:

Post a Comment